21 June 2006

Creative Spin Head or is that Heade?

Ok, so it's 2:01 a.m. PST, which as I figure it, is the exact time where regardless of your location in the USA it is really too late or too early to be up. And, why am I up you ask? Well, I've have finally learned, the hard way, (I've not really figured out too many other ways of learning yet) that if you have a head like mine and you start a blog, and then put off posting because you get really involved in a bunch of stuff (like say, your real job and all the other crap that is really your "you can't do it" voice which we sometimes call responsibility) you will end up with a train wreck of thoughts, ideas, stuff you saw that cracked you up, or made you think, or better yet made you think differently all in your head screaming "me first". You will also write an incredibly long run-on sentence which would make Mrs. Jackson draw a huge parrot in the margin of your paper that was saying "Awk" or some other quaint but equally disparaging remark about your writing ability.

Ah, so here we are one long run-on sentence and poorly constructed paragraph in , and there it is the crux of the matter - insecurity. Man, do I really think that I live in this world where everyone else is totally confident all the time, never has to write a draft, and takes their "blog" so seriously that they envision the strictest English teacher they ever had as correcting it. (Crap, another run-on sentence.) There is really such a fine balance between perfectionism and perfection. Imagine all the flowers that would never bloom if they tried to blossom perfectly. Gosh, it's kind of like all the ideas that could slam around your head at 2:00 a.m. while you tried to figure out the perfect order to write them in. Well, amazingly a huge light bulb has just exploded over my head and all of a sudden I'm sleepy.

This is too much...Excuse me what was that? Oh, yes I'll write about you tomorrow. Yes, you are a very good idea. Yes, much better than all the other ideas. Yes, you're right, it is tomorrow, but I mean the tomorrow when the sun is up and it's normal for me to be awake. I promise. Now, let's you and I get some shut eye.

4 comments:

Grish said...

Nice to see you post again.:)

That's a good way of putting how I feel lots of times too. "a train wreck of thoughts". "

The term I used the other day was "fractured nonsense" but I'm pretty sure it means the same thing...:)

Anonymous said...

If you want to silence that evil inner-english teacher, it's all about the Côtes du Rhône.

Otherwise realize that it's more about what you have to say and less about how you say it. Despite language pundits people like me still rule the ethereal web roost with grammatically unsound english. I never capitalize when I should and I still to this day can’t spell anthrophomorphism correctly. Oh well. C’est la vie.

I was never one for english class anyway. Viticulture on the other hand . . . . .

Nicole said...

Have you ever read my blog? Full of dangling participles and incomplete sentences and run-ons. I use too many dashes and parentheses and not nearly enough commas. But people are nice enough to read it anyway.

Lorraine said...

People are mighty forgiving out here in Blogopia. It's a nice neighborhood and no one minds if you have pink flamingos on the lawn.