15 November 2007

Rock, Paper, Scisorrs

I think (OK, I know) there is a perverse part of me that just doesn't believe I'm good at writing, and for whatever reason this is the part of me that my brain has been listening too. And, the two of them have done a fine job of psyching me out of writing for just over a year. Now, what amazing stoke of God's will, or Gestalt episode was shaken me out of the devilish duo's grip? Sitting on the cushy work bus waiting in line to go home. (I say this because we haven't really moved and so at this point it's really just a line, not traffic.) The cushy bus has Wi-Fi (it is really crushingly cushy) so I thought about looking at all the half written stuff Blogger has been keeping warm for me all these months. And, you know, there are some good starts there. Of course, as I read them the stinker part of my brain started to mumble stuff like "well that happened months ago. Do you really think it's relevant now." (Does anyone else have a brain like this? And, if so, where do you send it when it does this?).

Then the miracle happened, I realized that I was going to be really late and called my husband to tell him. Well, as we're chatting I tell him that I'm looking at all this half written stuff and how can I post it out of order, and blah, blah, blah. And, he says "Rock, paper, scisorrs". And, yes of course, "rock, paper, scisorrs". Meaning, no one reading what I write really cares when I thoguht of it or why it took me so long to write it down. Hell, they may wonder why I write at all. Now, I'd like say that I don't care, but I do, but I don't have to let it stop me. (Yes, I get it that i have.)

So, I will be posting blogs out of order. I'm sure that I'm really the only one that cares about this out of order issue. Unless there is some strict blog rule out there related to timeliness. Which wouldn't really matter because once you haven't posted to your blog in a year you've alreday sort of blown the "I follow the rules" part of this whole thing.

Now, one last thing before I post - I'm already concerned taht some of you say "rock, scisorrs, paper" and not "rock, paper, sciorrs." But, I think we can all agree it starts with "rock". So, if you're going to comment let's not have it be about that.

No comments: